Welcome to our Chef's corner, where you'll find the latest recipes and cooking tips from our Executive Chef.
Latest Recipe: Huevos Rancheros
- 2 x 14 oz tins chopped tomatoes
- .07 oz olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 dried chipotle chilli
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tortillas
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Open one of the tins of tomatoes and tip the contents into a sieve to drain off approximately half the liquid. Set to one side and use the juice for another dish (or in the bloody Marys!)
- Place a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. When hot, add the red onion, garlic, green pepper and the chipotle and red chillies. Fry the vegetables together for 3 minutes, until just starting to soften.
- Pour in the drained tomatoes as well as the complete tin of tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in the tomato sauce and crack an egg into each one. Cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes, until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny.
- Heat the tortillas according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the eggs and tomato sauce on top of the warm tortillas with a generous sprinkling of chopped coriander.